Funding and supporting innovative projects building with the Phala Compute Cloud via Phat Contract.
The Phala Builders Program provides funding, guidance, and support to developers that want to build high-value projects with Phat Contract, and add functionality to Phat Contract itself.
You want to Build Impossible Dapps
- You want to push the limits of what smart contracts are capable of by incorporating an off-chain computation solution that utilizes a self-executing and tamper-proof model.
You care about Decentralization
- You’re passionate about the need for decentralized web services and user-controlled digital infrastructure.
You need a Scalable Trustless Infrastructure
- You’re seeking a computation solution that can handle any level of compute demand, and perform your computation securely, privately, and trustlessly.
- Up to $50,000 USD value in PHA token, paid out on-chain at agreed-upon intervals dictated by the Builder Agreement.
- Deep technical support from lead Phat Contract developers during the design, testing, and deployment phases of project development.
Marketing and Network Support
- Phala will promote your project through our own channels and within our community, and make introductions to relevant ecosystem partners. We will make sure your developed application receives the attention it deserves.
The Phala Builders Program supports high-quality teams that have a solid understanding of the Phat Contract platform and a clear vision of how they will utilize Phat Contract within their project. Projects that come into the application process with a MVP or some level of existing development with Phat Contract are more likely to be successful in securing funding.
- Teams with strong technical backgrounds that have a clear vision for their project, including a growth strategy and structured plan of development.
- As Phat Contract represents a new tool in the kit of Web3 developers, we’re looking to support projects that seek to push the envelope of what can be built on blockchain. We want to support new ideas that add something novel to the space.
Contributions to Phat Contract Tooling
- Phat Contract is a highly composable developer resource, we value teams that seek to build out new tooling and primitives within the SDK.
Tier One Maximum Value: $20,000 USD value paid in PHA Criteria: Development of a compelling project involving significant usage of Phat Contract.
Tier Two Maximum Value: $50,000 USD value paid in PHA Criteria: Development of a compelling project or projects involving significant usage of Phat Contract, and the development of new tooling for Phat Contract.
The application process for both tier one and tier two funding is the same, however tier two applicants can expect a more rigorous evaluation.
2. Introductory Call
- The Phala Builders Program Committee will schedule a call with compelling applicants to review the details of their application and determine whether or not to move forward. Timeline: Applicants will hear from the Committee via email within one week of submitting an application, at which time successful applicants will schedule an introductory call with the team.
3. Evaluatory Call
- Applicants will present the technical side of their project in depth to the Phat Contract development team. In this call, applicants will demonstrate how their project leverages Phat Contract to create an innovative product that brings value to Phala and present a potential milestone structure. Timeline: Scheduled within one week following a successful introductory call.
4. Committee Review
- The Phala Builders Program Committee will review the application and determine an appropriate funding amount, milestone and payment structure, and overall expectations for successful applicants, to be incorporated into a Builders Agreement. Timeline: Within two weeks of Evaluatory Call.
5. Execution and Partnership
- Upon accepting the terms of the Builders Agreement, successful applicants will start working towards milestones with an agreed-upon level of involvement and support from the Phala developer team. Timeline: Applicants will receive a Builders Agreement immediately following the Committee Review.
Maximum total time from application submission to Builders Agreement offer: one month.
The Phala Builders Program is a unique opportunity to receive funding and support to build with Phat Contract, however we encourage applicants to seek support from complimentary grant programs or accelerators as well. The Phala Builders Program Committee will endeavor to be as collaborative as possible, and may offer support to successful applicants in securing external funding.
If you’d like to learn more about Phat Contract and our developer tooling, please explore our developer library below:
- Developer toolings
- Project manager
- Advanced Library
- Stateful rollup: reliable cross-chain request processing